A Paid Media Manager is a leadership role responsible for sizeable revenue and operating income for a Paid Media Department. He owns and drive key activities that results to improve client satisfaction and revenue returns including customer acquisition initiatives, product marketing strategies, internal and external communications, sales enablement, high-intensity experimentation & portfolio management.
He will directly manage a team of SEM subject matter experts to hit monthly, quarterly and annual customer satisfaction goals. Primary indicators of success are account or campaign tenureship, impressive client satisfaction and revenue goals achievement.
- Ensure that the current staffing is able to handle the workload through manpower projections
- Participate in work volume forecasting discussions to uncover any potential issues and adjustments to staffing, etc.
- Request for timely discretionary budget meant to recover from work volume fulfillment concerns
- Team management in terms of work schedule to ensure timely delivery of work requirements and compliance to key activities’ timelines and commitments.
Paid Media Account Intake/Management
- Manage, review, and perform daily account responsibilities associated with Google Ads, Yahoo, Bing and other search platforms for a variety of clients
- Assist team members to maintain and monitor keyword bids, account daily and monthly budget caps, impression share, quality score and other important account metrics.
- Provide creative copy suggestions and graphical ad templates
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for keyword opportunities, campaign structuring, targeting, display network, and other facets of paid search in accordance with client goals; Determine effective allocation of budget amount that have a strong return to the business
- Work with the team to determine campaign goals from client payment to project launching
- Assist in determining out-of-scope requirements and negotiate with the Project Managers for prioritization and/or additional billing or recommendations
- Participate in client calls for any intake, discovery, client escalations, strategizing, calibration or reporting
- Resolve issues with Sales team to ensure timely and accurate delivery of projects to clients
- Enroll team members (Team Leads and/or Managers) to PIP for failing to meet their performance targets
- Ensure that quality standards are consistently achieved by the team through huddles, calibration, shadowing, alignment discussions.
- Compliance to team scorecards including employee recommendation on movement and/or promotion and employment status
- Facilitate or assist in resolving employee performance issues thru coaching and coaching logs
- Facilitate teams’ disciplinary sanctions to due to non-performance (quality, productivity) or non-conformance to procedures and directives
- Participate in solution design process for new services, offerings, costing, efficiency, automation and research
- Champion activities or innovations that improve client satisfaction or customer retention through better service delivery
- Drive effective strategic planning, investment decisions (tools, training) and budgeting processes
- Surface current and projected learning needs for all staff
- Outline learning development plans (that may require certification and/or training) for all levels; Track staff's development progress
- Management of stakeholders’ expectations thru timely report on department critical work activities, its highlights or lowlights and performance planning
- Consistently report to stakeholders department's wins, challenges and (internal) threats to critical activities related to Quality, Timeliness, Efficiency and progress
- At least 2 years manager-level role in performance marketing experience, with active / hands-on experience in SEM, Social Selling, Google Ads
- Strong knowledge of A/B testing principles, tools and methodologies
- Experience with running ad campaigns with a monthly spend of $10K or more
- Has a minimum of 2 Google Analytics Certifications; Extensive experience of analytics (Google Analytics or others)
- Seasoned manager of high-performance SEM and performance marketing teams, with experience in cultivating/building collaborative and high-achieving teams and coaching/growing team members
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with previous experience structuring and performing complex analysis in the digital marketing space to drive efficient growth
- Deep understanding of paid search optimization and market dynamics driving cost and returns applicable to differing industries
- Familiarity with core performance marketing platforms, automated bidding tools and other marketing analytics tools, including any of: Google Ads, Bing Ads, Unbounce, Wordstream, DoubleClick Suite, Adobe Analytics (aka Omniture) & broader Adobe Marketing Cloud, LiveRamp, SalesForce Marketing Cloud & Ad Studio
- Ability to develop under constraints and stay current with changing technology
- Ability to think strategically and stay on top of execution
- Strong communication and client-facing experience
- Superior people management skills and a proven ability to lead small-sized to medium team/s
- Working knowledge of the ecommerce / online retail space, Google Shopping, etc. CRM integrations (Salesforce, Eloqua, HubSpot, Marketo etc), shopping engines, and complex integrations.
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to details, critical thinking and learning abilities; Strong time management skills
- Proven ability to supervise, train and mentor employees (staff to team leads), including organizing, prioritizing and managing timelines
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently (verbal and written English) with a high degree of collaboration and influence
- Must be able to work under pressure and ability to manage multiple tasks/projects/initiatives.
- Working experience in process optimization is a plus
- AdWords / Bing certification a plus.
- Flexibility of schedule/days and hours is essential
- Will work in a group of about 8 to 15 team members
Do you want to
work with us?
Fill out the form below.